By Patricia A. Williams
Prepare for a winning occupation in taking care of geriatric populations with Williams’ Basic Geriatric Nursing, sixth Edition. This easy-to-read bestseller comprises the newest info on overall healthiness care coverage and assurance practices, and offers the theories and ideas of getting older and applicable nursing interventions with an emphasis on well-being promoting. a part of the popular LPN/LVN Threads series, it presents possibilities for better studying with extra figures, an interactive new research advisor on Evolve, and real-world scientific situations that assist you observe options to practice.
- Complete assurance of key topics includes child boomers and the effect in their getting older at the future health care procedure, healing communique, cultural concerns, religious impacts, evidence-based perform in geriatric nursing, and elder abuse, restraints, and moral and felony matters in end-of-life care.
- Updated dialogue of concerns and trends includes demographic elements and monetary, social, cultural, and relatives influences.
- Get prepared for the NCLEX® Examination! section at the tip of every bankruptcy comprises key issues besides new assessment Questions for the NCLEX exam and significant considering that may be used for person, small workforce, or school room review.
- UNIQUE! Streamlined insurance of meals and fluid balance integrates those crucial topics.
- Delegation, management, and administration content built-in throughout.
- Nursing strategy sections provide a framework for the dialogue of the nursing care of the aged sufferer as regarding particular disorders.
- Nursing Care Plans with severe pondering questions assist in figuring out how a care plan is constructed, find out how to overview care of a sufferer, and the way to use wisdom to scientific scenarios.
- LPN/LVN Threads make studying more straightforward, that includes a suitable analyzing point, keyword phrases with phonetic pronunciations and textual content web page references, bankruptcy goals, exact positive aspects containers, and full-color artwork, photos, and design.
- UNIQUE! Complementary and replacement Therapies boxes address particular treatments generic by means of the geriatric inhabitants for health and wellbeing advertising and soreness relief.
- Health promoting boxes highlight well-being promoting, affliction prevention, and age-specific interventions.
- Home future health Considerations boxes provide info on domestic future health deal with the older adult.
- Coordinated Care boxes address such subject matters as restraints, elder abuse, and end-of-life care as relating to duties of nursing assistants and different healthiness care employees who're supervised by means of LPN/LVNs.
- Clinical Situation boxes present sufferer situations with classes for acceptable nursing care and sufferer sensitivity.
- Critical Thinking boxes help you to assimilate and synthesize information.
- 10th grade examining point makes studying easier.
Read or Download Basic Geriatric Nursing - E-Book PDF
Similar nursing books
Die medikamentöse Therapie von Tumorpatienten erfordert den korrekten Umgang mit Medikamenten, ihre richtige Zubereitung und Verabreichung. Auch die Patientenberatung ist wichtige Aufgabe der professionellen Pflege. Das Medikamentenbuch für die onkologische Pflege bietet auf einen Blick die Profile von one hundred thirty Substanznamen, ihre Wirkung, Auflösung und Verdünnung sowie Maßnahmen bei Extravasation und Patienteninformationen.
An respectable e-book of the Society for Simulation in Healthcare, Defining Excellence in Simulation courses goals to satisfy the wishes of healthcare practitioners utilizing simulation recommendations for schooling, overview, and study. more and more, simulation is a vital part of training and coaching courses in healthcare settings all over the world.
Use this set of colourful playing cards to profit and have in mind pathophysiology! With ninety six full-color cartoons overlaying pathophysiologic strategies, Mosby's Pathophysiology reminiscence NoteCards, 2d version makes use of humor and mnemonics to make assessment more uncomplicated and extra enjoyable. those sturdy, removable playing cards are precious in getting ready for the NCLEX® or school room tests, as a medical reference, for writing care plans, or for sufferer instructing info.
Allowing nurses to bring secure and powerful care and to accomplish the absolute best effects for his or her sufferers, the Oxford guide of kid's and younger People's Nursing, 2d variation is a concise and useful consultant to all facets of the nurse's function. protecting evaluate and administration, all the way through to recommendation for the kinfolk, the professional authors offer info on a variety of themes, together with common development and improvement, ache, palliative care, faith and tradition, matters.
- ECG Facts Made Incredibly Quick! (Incredibly Easy! Series®)
- The Midwives' Guide to Key Medical Conditions - E-Book: Pregnancy and Childbirth
- Health Policy and Advanced Practice Nursing, Second Edition: Impact and Implications
- Global Health Nursing: Building and Sustaining Partnerships
- Laser Dermatology
Additional resources for Basic Geriatric Nursing - E-Book