By Jean Weihs,Sheila Intner
Now completely up to date to incorporate fresh alterations with RDA, this easy-to-use primer offers an creation to standardized cataloging that may gain library technicians in addition to scholars in library technician and instructor librarian programs.
• offers transparent and understandable motives of the foundations and instruments utilized by libraries to catalog and classify their materials
• Illustrative examples for every point of cataloging, class, RDA, and MARC desktop encoding
• Covers all kinds of fabric codecs, together with books, audiovisuals, photographs, sound, digital assets, and more
• deals a number of functional workouts in addition to a word list of cataloging phrases and tools
Read Online or Download Beginning Cataloging, 2nd Edition PDF
Similar library & information science books
Even if termed the 'network society', the 'knowledge society' or the 'information society', it's broadly authorized new age has dawned, unveiled through robust computing device and communique applied sciences. but for millennia people were recording wisdom and tradition, carrying out the dissemination and maintenance of data.
A based method of advocacy for K-12 college librarians focuses their power on an energetic direction that showcases library courses and assets and expresses the basic position librarians serve in class and pupil good fortune. • principles and templates to aid librarians systematically convey library courses into the stakeholder's visual field • Quizzes to augment prompt activities
Library Roles in attaining monetary Literacy between its consumers is a suite of articles from 25 librarians in numerous components of the U. S. and Canada, every one contributing 3,000-4,000 phrases: concise chapters with sidebars, bullets, and headers; there's an creation. individuals have been chosen for the artistic capability of their themes, those who can be utilized in a number of sorts of libraries and that reveal a command of monetary literacy and may be able to speak what they be aware of to helping clients clear up their monetary details difficulties.
This choice of essays and interviews investigates present practices that extend our knowing and adventure of functionality by using cutting-edge applied sciences. It brings jointly best practitioners, writers and curators who discover the intersections among theatre, functionality and electronic applied sciences, difficult expectancies and furthering discourse around the disciplines.
- Perspectives in Medical Geography: Theory and Applications for Librarians
- Temptation in the Archives: Essays in Golden Age Dutch Culture
- The Art of Storytelling: Telling Truths Through Telling Stories
- Conducting Action Research to Evaluate Your School Library
- Everyday HR: A Human Resources Handbook for Academic Library Staff
Additional resources for Beginning Cataloging, 2nd Edition
Categories: Library Information Science