By K. Jaishankar
Victimization throughout the web is changing into extra regularly occurring as cyber criminals have built more advantageous how one can stay nameless. And as extra own info than ever is kept on networked pcs, even the occasional or non-user is in danger. a set of contributions from all over the world specialists and rising researchers, Cyber Criminology: Exploring net Crimes and legal habit explores today’s interface of computing device technology, web technological know-how, and criminology.
Topics mentioned include:
- The growing to be risk of cyber crime in Nigeria
- Internet playing and electronic piracy
- Sexual dependancy on the net, baby pornography, and on-line exploitation of children
- Terrorist use of the Internet
- Cyber stalking and cyber bullying
- The victimization of girls on social networking websites
- Malware victimization and hacking
- The Islamic international in our on-line world and the propagation of Islamic ideology through the Internet
- Human rights matters that the electronic age has created
Approaching the subject from a social technology point of view, the e-book explores tools for selecting the explanations of laptop crime victimization through studying an individual’s way of life styles. It additionally publishes the findings of a examine performed on students approximately on-line victimization.
Advances in details and communications applied sciences have created a number new crime difficulties that didn't exist twenty years in the past. possibilities for varied felony actions to pervade the net have resulted in the expansion and improvement of cyber criminology as a special self-discipline in the criminology framework. This quantity explores all facets of this nascent box and gives a window at the way forward for web crimes and theories in the back of their origins.
K. Jaishankar used to be the overall Chair of the 1st foreign convention of the South Asian Society of Criminology and Victimology (SASCV), held January 15-17, 2011 on the resort Jaipur vegetables in Jaipur, Rajasthan, India.