By Elaine R. Sanchez
Authored through cataloging librarians, educators, and data procedure specialists, this ebook of essays addresses rules and strategies for tackling the fashionable demanding situations of cataloging and metadata practices.
• comprises essays authored through skilled, passionate, and articulate catalogers, metadata librarians, and different experts
• contains unique examine survey effects on librarians' perspectives relating to present subject matters akin to RDA, AACR2, FRBR, using upstream information, and cataloging at the Semantic Web
• includes an introductory timeline and background of cataloging and metadata from historic to offer times
• presents a chronological bibliography of chosen works with regards to cataloging and libraries via 1800 and a extra whole bibliography of comparable works
• incorporates a foreword and afterword through 3 across the world identified and revered cataloging figures, Michael Gorman, Dr. Sheila S. Intner, and Dr. Susan S. Lazinger
Read or Download Conversations with Catalogers in the 21st Century (Libraries Unlimited Library Management Collection) PDF
Similar library & information science books
Even if termed the 'network society', the 'knowledge society' or the 'information society', it's generally permitted new age has dawned, unveiled by means of robust computing device and conversation applied sciences. but for millennia people were recording wisdom and tradition, accomplishing the dissemination and upkeep of data.
A dependent method of advocacy for K-12 institution librarians focuses their power on an energetic direction that showcases library courses and assets and expresses the basic function librarians serve in class and pupil luck. • principles and templates to assist librarians systematically deliver library courses into the stakeholder's visual view • Quizzes to enhance prompt activities
Library Roles in attaining monetary Literacy between its consumers is a suite of articles from 25 librarians in numerous elements of the U. S. and Canada, each one contributing 3,000-4,000 phrases: concise chapters with sidebars, bullets, and headers; there's an advent. members have been chosen for the inventive capability of their subject matters, those who can be utilized in a variety of forms of libraries and that display a command of monetary literacy and may be able to converse what they recognize to assisting clients clear up their monetary info difficulties.
This choice of essays and interviews investigates present practices that extend our knowing and event of functionality by using cutting-edge applied sciences. It brings jointly best practitioners, writers and curators who discover the intersections among theatre, functionality and electronic applied sciences, demanding expectancies and furthering discourse around the disciplines.
- Records Management for Museums and Galleries: An Introduction (Chandos Information Professional Series)
- 100 Greatest Science Inventions of All Time
- Museums, Migration and Identity in Europe: Peoples, Places and Identities
- The ALA Book of Library Grant Money, Ninth Edition
- How to STEM: Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math Education in Libraries
Extra resources for Conversations with Catalogers in the 21st Century (Libraries Unlimited Library Management Collection)
Categories: Library Information Science