By Severin Schroeder
- Features a part dozen newly commissioned articles from major students within the box of philosophy of literature
- Focuses on a department of aesthetics that has now not bought the eye it deserves
- Includes a examining at the old dating among philosophy and literature with contemporary advancements and projections for the future
- Contributors contain Peter Lamarque (University of York), Peter Kivy (Rutgers collage, united states) and Stein Haugom Olsen (University of Bergen, Norway)
Read Online or Download Philosophy of Literature (Ratio Special Issues) PDF
Similar aesthetics books
This is often an in-depth research of dramatization as process within the paintings of Deleuze and Guattari. It offers an account of the price of this technique for the learn of the political with specific emphasis at the dating among politics and art.
Renunciation as an inventive strength is the animating thought in the back of Ross Posnock’s new publication. taking over acts of abandonment, rejection, and refusal that experience lengthy baffled critics, he exhibits how renunciation has reframed the connection of writers, philosophers, and artists to society in effective and unpredictable methods.
We love to visualize ourselves as rational beings who imagine and communicate, but to dwell skill at the start to appear, flavor, consider, or scent the realm round us. yet sensibility isn't just a school: we're brilliant items either to ourselves and to others, and our existence is thru and during a smart lifestyles.
Der Band behandelt die kulturphilosophische, ästhetische und politische Auseinandersetzung zwischen Nietzsche und Wagner, ihre widersprüchliche Beziehung von der anfänglichen Verehrung Wagners durch Nietzsche bis zum Bruch und seinen Folgen. Die Perspektive des Bruches bestimmt die Kulturkritik: Wagner als kongenialer Ausdruck der Moderne, Nietzsche als deren konsequenter Aufklärer.
- Theatre/Ecology/Cognition: Theorizing Performer-Object Interaction in Grotowski, Kantor, and Meyerhold (Cognitive Studies in Literature and Performance)
- Grasping Shadows: The Dark Side of Literature, Painting, Photography, and Film
- The Dialectics of Aesthetic Agency: Revaluating German Aesthetics from Kant to Adorno (Bloomsbury Studies in Philosophy)
- Merit, Aesthetic and Ethical
- Possibility of the Aesthetic Experience (Martinus Nijhoff Philosophy Library)
Additional info for Philosophy of Literature (Ratio Special Issues)