By Aileen M. Kelly
Read or Download The Discovery of Chance PDF
Similar biographies & memoirs of philosophers books
Withheld from e-book in France for twenty-nine years after his demise, and now in English for the 1st time, Camus's ultimate journals provide us our rawest and such a lot intimate glimpse but into some of the most vital voices of French letters and twentieth-century literature. the 1st volumes of his Notebooks started as uncomplicated tools of his paintings; this ultimate quantity, recorded over the past 9 years of his existence, tackle the features of a extra own diary.
Pioneering biblical critic, theorist of democracy, and mythical conflater of God and nature, Jewish thinker Baruch Spinoza (1632-1677) was once excommunicated through the Sephardic Jews of Amsterdam in 1656 for his "horrible heresies" and "monstrous deeds. " but, during the last 3 centuries, Spinoza's rupture with conventional Jewish ideals and practices has increased him to a well known position in genealogies of Jewish modernity.
The definitive biography of the attention-grabbing William James, whose existence and writing placed an indelible stamp on psychology, philosophy, instructing, and faith -- on modernism itselfPivotal member of the Metaphysical membership, writer of The sorts of non secular adventure, eldest sibling within the outstanding James relatives, William emerges right here as an immensely complicated and curious guy.
Because the first collection of George Santayana's letters was once released in 1955, presently after his loss of life, many extra letters were situated. The Works of George Santayana, quantity V, brings jointly a complete of greater than 3,000 letters. the quantity is split chronologically into 8 books of approximately related size.
- A Philosopher and Appeasement: 2 (A Philosopher at War)
- Political Writings (Beauvoir Series)
- Raymond Aron: The Recovery of the Political (20th Century Political Thinkers)
- A Companion to Friedrich Nietzsche: Life and Works (Studies in German Literature Linguistics and Culture)
- John Stuart Mill - Thought and Influence: The Saint of Rationalism (Routledge Innovations in Political Theory)
- Love, God & Neurons: Memoir of a scientist who found himself by getting lost
Extra info for The Discovery of Chance
Categories: Biographies Memoirs Of Philosophers